- This event has passed.
Great Sauk Trail-World Bike Day
June 3 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
World Bicycle Day (declared in 2018 by the United Nations General Assembly) draws attention to the benefits of using the bicycle — a simple, affordable, clean and environmentally fit sustainable means of transportation, a fun way to stay physically active and improve health, and a great activity to do solo or with friends!
Join us on the Great Sauk State Trail by taking part in the following activities!
1. Take part in a bike ride to honor Dr. Haakon Carlson, sponsored by Sauk Prairie Healthcare Foundation. Meet at the Good Neighbor Clinic parking lot at 8am to start your ride. There will be a long and short ride for all skill levels. Learn more and register here!
2. Participate in the Sauk Prairie R.I.D.E. (Ride, Interact, and Develop Etiquette) at Marion Park from 9am-11am. A joint event offered by Sauk Prairie Kiwanis and the Sauk Prairie Police Department. Learn bicycle and helmet safety, make sure your gear is fitted correctly, ride the safety course, and tune up your bicycle. While adults can participate, the event is aimed at the littlest riders, from those on scoot bikes to those who tear around like maniacs, ages Pre-K to 5th grade.
3. Use the Strive On App (free) to access a scavenger hunt for all skill levels. Once completed, stop by the information desk at the Eagle Overlook in Prairie du Sac to be entered to win a bike themed gift basket. *scroll to bottom of page and scan qr code with your phone’s camera to download app.
4. Grab your mountain bike and ride the skills course at Veterans Memorial Park. The Eagle Mountain Bike Team will show you how it’s done!
5. Join the George Culver Community Library on the library patio at 10am for a bicycle-themed all-ages read-aloud, followed by popsicles and the opportunity to customize your own bike, stroller, or wagon license plate.
Other drop-in opportunities at the Prairie du Sac Riverwalk Park and Overlook from 9am-12pm include:
June 3rd is recognized as a National Trails Day therefore no daily trail pass is needed. However, you can purchase your annual trail pass ($25) to ride the Great Sauk State Trail all year round at our information booth thanks to the Sauk Prairie Area Chamber of Commerce.
Donate to JT’s Bikes for Kids Wisconsin who provide bikes, helmets and locks for children and teens who would otherwise go without.
Get a free bike adjustment or basic repair thanks to the help of Wildside Action Sports! Also, test out their fancy new Trek ebikes!
Grab some Great Sauk State Trail swag (including free stickers!)
Create sidewalk chalk masterpieces, sip a refreshing lemonade, or bike through a bubble machine, courtesy of the Ruth Culver Community Library.
and grab a treat from Butternut Road Coffee or Kona Ice of Monona Food Trucks!